Standard Chartered is a major player in transaction banking, combining deep local knowledge and global capability to offer the full scope of innovative, customised solutions in trade finance and cash management.
We have a unique business focus on enabling trade, investment and supply chain financing for, in and out from Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We aim to be a one-stop gateway providing supply chain and liquidity management for corporates and financial institutions. And we are committed to using our cross-border network to facilitate our local clients' growing trade and investment flows and supply chain financing needs across our business footprint.
We are uniquely positioned in these trade corridors, supporting commodity flows from Africa to Asia and manufacturing flows in the other direction.
Transaction banking is an integral part of Corporates & Institutional Banking. As a top three global trade finance bank – we are a key driver of Corporates & Institutional Banking aspirations.
About the programme
The Global Internship Programme is the Bank’s structured Internship programme. As an intern, in the summer before your final year as a student, you'll work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths. The Global Internship Programme in Transaction Banking is intended to create a pipeline to the International Graduate Programme and other full-time entry level roles.
- Internships is a 10-week program, depending on location, and are open to candidates who are available to start on our full-time graduate programmes in September 2022.
- Internships typically take place during June – August, depending on location.
- 10-week program will involve on-the-job training and an innovation project which exposes you to the inner workings of our business to provide real work experience.
- You’ll be paired up with a buddy from the International Graduate (IG) Programme and to set you up for success during your internship and provide you insights into what could be your next role as an IG.
- You’ll be assigned a mentor whom will provide you with ongoing guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement in the Bank’s International Graduate Programme.
To apply for an Internship position, you must have the legal right to work on a permanent basis in the country for which you’re applying for the full duration of the internship. If you’re applying in the US, you must have the legal right to work on a permanent basis. If candidates are applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle Eastern and North African countries.
Interns must be in their penultimate (second to last) year of undergraduate study. We will accept internship applications from final year students who are required to complete mandatory National or Military service after graduation.
The Bank does not sponsor work permits for the purposes of Internships.
All Interns participating in the Bank’s Global Internship Programme will be evaluated during 10th week of employment. Evaluations will be used in final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2020, 3:59 pm