Assist geologic staff in data searches, preparation of geologic/geophysical reports and graphics. Participate in mapping, sampling, drilling, and geophysical programs as directed by Staff Geologists, Project Managers, or the Exploration/Development Manager. Organize files and samples.
What You Will Do
- Compile geologic, geophysical, and land maps into digital format.
- Maintain and update digital databases.
- Prepare maps for presentation.
- Perform research, including background literature and well logs, and organize into project datasets.
- Organize and analyze drill cuttings.
- Maintain field equipment.
- Work with project manager and geosciences personnel to assure adequate data evaluation.
- Aid field operations as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Working on or recently completed a bachelor’s degree in engineering or geologic sciences.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:19th Aug 2020, 6:00 pm