GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
What You Will Do
In this role, the Field Engineer Intern will observe and perform various equipment service processes and procedures to drive customer satisfaction and ensure proper functionality of less complex customer diagnostic imaging equipment.
- Under supervision, evaluate basic customer equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety, environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation, as guided.
- Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries per schedule. Maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor's service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
- Learn and ensure proper care of tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding the safe and effective use of medical equipment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree majoring in Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology or Mechanical Principles degree program. Overall GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 (in the scale of 4.0).
- Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated project/process ownership and accountability.
- Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Medicine
- Closing Date:26th Apr 2018, 6:00 pm