A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
We have an opportunity for an individual to join as Graduate Geotechnical Engineer with PT Arup Indonesia in Jakarta.
What You Will Do
As a world leader in its field, Arup offers the full spectrum of geotechnical consulting services. Through consultation from an early stage in the project we can advise our client how to get the best value out of the ground.
In this role, you will aim to develop key knowledge and skills that will allow you to provide a high quality of consultant services. This may take the form of undertaking relevant modelling, analytical research, and design work within your relevant business area. There will be a structured career plan and development program to assist you in attaining the desired level of knowledge and skills.
As a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer, you will:
- Design and deliver geotechnical engineering solutions using geotechnical software.
- Assist more experienced members of the group with geotechnical analysis of foundations and retaining walls and on geotechnical database management where coding and scripting skills may be required to make your work more efficient.
- Assist in the preparation of specifications, proposals and other documentation under supervision. In achieving this you will apply a variety of standard methods and techniques in solving problems.
Required Skills and Abilities
A relevant degree in Civil Engineering, preferably a completed degree in Geotechnical Engineering. You will bring the following to Arup:
- Able to demonstrate design ability, engineering skills and knowledge.
- Awareness and knowledge of coding and scripting software (eg. Grasshopper, Python, FME or similar software).
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines is essential.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Desire to excel.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Geotechnical
- Closing Date:6th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm