The Professional WIL Placement (Internship) Program is a structured 20 week program which consists of 8 weeks training and placement preparation, followed by a 12 week Work Integrated Learning IT placement at a quality Australian host company.
Program Highlights and Inclusions
- Resume Preparation Session
- Interview Preparation Workshop
- Formal Training Agreement
- Work Integrated Learning placement of 12 weeks in the IT field
- Formalised evaluation process with midpoint and exit placement reviews
- A dedicated Placement Consultant to mentor, coach and offer career advice throughout
- BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment Statement of Attainment on successful completion of the program
- Workers Compensation Insurance required for the placement
The learning outcomes for this Work Integrated Learning (Internship) Program include the development of skills and knowledge:
- To work within organisational requirements
- To work as part of a team
- To develop effective workplace habits
In order to achieve these learning outcomes you will have the opportunity to:
- Observe, contribute to and participate in business meetings
- Read relevant organisational documents e.g. position descriptions, policies and procedures
- Practise professional writing skills including emails, agendas, meeting minutes and reports
- Establish workplace relationships
- Build professional business communication skills
- Expand understanding of the application of legislation in the workplace
Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide
Professional WIL Placement (Internship) Program Fees
Total Fees: $2,500
Payment Option 1 (two instalments)
- $1,250 is due at the time of enrolment
- $1,250 is due at week 8 of the program
Payment Option 2 (four instalments)
- $625 is due at the time of enrolment
- 3 x $625 in weeks 4, 8 and 12 of the program
Will I be paid?
You will be undertaking a vocational placement as part of a recognised training program and will not be considered as an employee at the host company. Under the Fair Work Act, vocational placements are lawfully unpaid. For more information about Fair Work and Vocational Placements, please download this information sheet from our website.
What industries can I do my placement in?
We specialise in placing students in Accounting, Financial Services, Financial Planning, IT, Marketing, Business, HR, Supply Chain/Logistics placements and more.
What host company will I be placed in?
During the consultation with your Placement Consultant, they will get to know your individual training needs and career goals. They will then match you with an appropriate host company.
Performance Careers partners with 3,500 host companies in Australia, ranging from large multi- nationals to dynamic small and medium sized companies across many industries.
Will I get a job at the end of my placement?
We do not guarantee a job, but have a great track record – with 42% of our students being offered employment following their placement. The purpose of the program is to develop your workplace skills and knowledge so you know how to work effectively in a business environment. The program is designed to help you bridge the gap between study and employment.
Note: Placements are not ‘trials’ for employment with the host company. Our host companies have no expectation or obligation to employ you beyond the placement period and placement opportunities are unrelated to employment opportunities with our host companies.