Join one of the largest assembled teams of geotechnical mining professionals in the world called GSS. GSS is a world-class global support network that assists our customers with effective slope stability and underground risk management through comprehensive technical support.
The key to your success in this role will be demonstrating your initiative to learn, develop, and succeed. Applicants must also have experience preparing and presenting reports, delivering training to individuals and small groups. Geotechnical engineering knowledge in open pit and underground mining will make you a highly regarded applicant.
The Graduate Geotechnical Engineer will be based in our Global Geotechnical Support Services centre in Balikpapan, Indonesia.
What We Offer:
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization.
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist.
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged.
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth.
What You Will Do
Work safely, and with regard to the safety of others, including:
- Compliance with all OH&S policies and procedures.
- Actively work to improve safety in the workplace.
- Provide on-site geotechnical advanced training for customer.
- Provide geotechnical support services on GroundProbe technologies via remote support or on-site.
- Help maintain an information database on wall failure data captured by GroundProbe’s SSR technology and the associated geotechnical information.
- Encourage and promote the use of GroundProbe’s products and services.
- Ensure optimal use of SSR systems through provision of education and guidance to GroundProbe staff and existing clients.
- Undertake geotechnical based research under the direction of the Geotechnical Support Service team.
- Gather feedback from customers in order to help the development of new systems, technologies, features, etc.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering, or Mining Engineering degree (Postgraduate education would be well considered).
- Fresh graduate with final thesis related with geotechnical welcome to apply.
- Demonstrated direct geotechnical experience with the radar technology would be well considered.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Fluency in English, with other languages advantageous (Bahasa, Mandarin, Spanish, French or Portuguese).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous work experience within the mining industry.
- Strong teamwork, initiative and communication skills.
- A track record and desire to work in remote locations.
- Honesty and integrity, and a keen interest in technology and innovation.
- Experience in geotechnical and survey instrumentation will be highly regarded.
- Experience with Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Geotechnical
- Closing Date:9th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm