As a Software Engineer you'll be part of a growing team of Engineers and Product Designers with big ambitions: delivering a delightful and powerful product that empowers travellers.
What You Will Do
We’re always looking for driven, versatile, autonomous yet collaborative engineers to help us build great things throughout our stack.
- Join a team that's won Apple's App Store Best of 2015 and Google Play's Best Apps of 2016
- Leverage RxJava and Reactive Swift to write immutable and typesafe code
- Collaborate directly with the product team to prototype and test experimental features
- Work with distributed systems and write RESTful Scala-based microservices using Finagle
- Interface with large, distributed no-SQL databases
- Work with Apache Spark (python and Scala) to analyse trillions of data points
- Work on pipelines ingesting billions of data points daily with Kafka and Spark Streaming
- Build novel, often very large databases to support new app features
- Work on Hopper’s service monitoring and orchestration using Mesos and Kubernetes
- Help manage Hopper’s own datacenters using Ansible
Required Skills and Abilities
We're looking for engineers of diverse backgrounds, from recent graduates to engineers with years of experience building distributed systems. Our fundamental requirements are a drive to learn and a shared engineering philosophy:
- Design and write beautiful code: simple, testable, efficient and maintainable
- Learn new languages, technologies and frameworks from one project to the next
- Collaborate with others to solve tough technical and product problems
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Position Type:Full time
New York (United...
- Closing Date:14th February 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.