Does the taste of your favorite dish bring a smile to your face as memories flood back? Imagine being able to create flavours evoking emotions, awaking memories and stimulating feelings. That is exactly the job of our Flavourists!
The mission of the Flavour School is to train young Flavourists to carry on the heritage of flavour development as a craft and to combine creative expression with technical skills.
Do you have a passion for taste and do you always look for something new and different?
Then join Givaudan as a Trainee Flavourist!
As a Trainee Flavourist, a 3-year internal development program will await you in Indonesia. This program will start in 2022 and will consist of different modules like flavour ingredient training, regulatory training, food and beverages training and further development of your personal skills.
A Givaudan mentor will coach and support you during the development program. After completion of this program, you will be appointed as a Flavourist in Givaudan’s creation site.
What You Will Do
In this position you will report to Technical Head, Indonesia and your main responsibilities:
- Participate in the 3-year Flavourist Training Programme; to learn what ingredients to use for creation of all kinds of flavors, like strawberry flavor, chicken flavor or mushroom flavor and how you can adapt them to different taste preferences in other countries; you will also learn how to create the best flavors for different applications like soft drinks, yoghurts or dry soups and what ingredients you can use in which countries based on the food legislation.
- Assist Flavourists on customer projects; as the best learning is on the job, Trainees will work, guided by an experienced Flavourist, on creating new flavours for our customer projects.
- Take part in the evaluation of new flavours and food products; to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in food and evaluate newly created flavours, you will participate in tasting sessions with your colleagues and with customers.
- Enter and retrieve data using our database software.
- Maintain a clean laboratory environment following Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines.
- Prepare and make presentations to summarize insights and suggest improvements in all departments.
As Trainee Flavourist in Givaudan you will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day and for a market leader that is at the forefront of innovation in an industry of emotions. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers.
Required Skills and Abilities
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Organic or Analytical Chemistry or Biology.
- At least 02 to 04 years of relevant experience in the Food Applications laboratory area.
- Affinity and passion for food and cooking.
- Demonstrates excellent tasting skills and you should be able to consistently describe the flavor profile of a product.
- Shows the skills which are necessary to interface effectively with customers.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing, Food Technology
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm