Global Markets delivers a wide range of securities products and services, powerful sales and trading capabilities and deep risk management expertise across asset classes. Closely aligned with Global Corporate & Investment Banking's client-managed groups, Global Markets product specialists anticipate and meet the needs of more than 3,000 institutional investors and 7,000 issuer clients.
Leveraging our local relationships and broad global capabilities, we provide our clients with creative and innovative ideas and market insights, trading services, analytics and new products across a broad spectrum of asset classes. These range from interest rate and credit products, foreign exchange, real estate and commodities to cash equities and equity-linked products - all with the goal of enabling our clients to maximize their performance.
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in an 8 - 12-week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Global Markets. The program begins with firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities.
You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with managers and traders.
What You Will Do
- Assist on sales, trading, and hedging activities.
- Assess market trends and provide quantitative data for clients.
- Perform market and quantitative research analysis.
- Help originate, structure, and model transactions.
- Assist in structuring, pricing, and executing trades.
- Assist in building knowledge of clients' investment needs, assess market trends and macroeconomic themes, and help create appropriate solutions to meet clients' needs.
- Assist in providing quantitative data and succinct, comprehensive explanations of complex concepts to clients.
- Work with teams to develop marketing presentations that create interest in fixed income and Equity products and develop new business.
- Assist in developing new products and bringing them to market.
- Assist in educating clients about complex structures and technical products.
Depending on location, Summer Analysts are either hired and placed directly with a specific team throughout the internship program or rotate through two-three desks. Placement is determined after the hiring process matching the business needs and the interests/skills of the Summer Analyst. The various teams include (not all groups exist in all countries):
- Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities.
- Global Credit Products.
- Global Commodities.
- Global Rates & Currencies.
- Global Loans & Special Situations.
- FICC Sales & Structuring.
- FICC Trading.
- Global Equities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Penultimate Year Bachelor’s / Master’s student.
- Outstanding academic achievement.
- Mathematics, engineering, statistics, or programming background advantageous.
- Strong interest in global financial markets and factors that impact them.
- Extensive Excel and modeling skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements.
- A strong team player and client focused.
- Demonstrates energy and drive.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the business you are applying to.
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
- Closing Date:11th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm